Thursday, August 21, 2008

There's Always One in Every Family

I think kids come into our lives to prevent the mundane from happening. Monday night we experienced something that probably happens to every family at least once. Teagan stuck a small piece of hamburger up her nose. (I love what everybody is picturing in their minds right now.) Dave and I complicated matters by trying to suck it out with a bulb syringe and then prying it up further into her nasal cavity. I eventually realized that I didn't have the correct tools for the delicate procedure and took Teag into Insta-Care where they could properly take care of the situation. Again I found myself amazed at the brute strength of a two-year-old under the influence of adrenaline. It took three of us to hold her down while the doctor carefully picked out what she could see with a pair of six-inch tweezers. Anyway, we thought we got everything out. Today at breakfast, however, Teagan sneezed out the rest of the hamburger and was so pleased with herself as you can tell from her signature goofy grin. I'm relieved that she was able to do it herself too. I was envisioning a dramatic surgery just to extricate a piece of dinner. (Morgan hasn't been posted for a while, so I thought I would put a picture of her on here too.)

1 comment:

Faith said...

Holy Buckets! What an adventure! Teagan, you sure have a way of making things that much more fun. :)